September 2016 will see End of the Road Festival return to Larmer Tree Gardens for its 11th year, and once again we will be running our Play End of the Road Competition – giving new and unsigned bands the change to perform.
We’ve always supported and championed new, unsigned acts and our 11th year will be no different.
This year one of the selected artists will open one of the Major Stages (Woods, Garden, Big Top) and one will feature on Rough Trade’s End Of The Road 2016 CD. Other winners will receive a standard festival slot. If you are chosen as the act to open one of the Major Stages you will still be eligible for the Rough Trade compilation feature, (and vice versa) – the two opportunities aren’t mutually exclusive but they won’t necessarily go to the same act. In order to be eligible for the Rough Trade prize you must have a suitable mastered track ready to go by the first week of March.
Application Rules / Terms & Conditions:
- Only applications submitted through the online form will be accepted. We will not accept applications by email or social media.
- Applications are open from 8 January – Midnight 9 February
- Only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
- You can see from our past line-ups what sort of music we are interested in.
- You must be available on the following dates: Thursday 1st – Sunday 4th September 2016 inclusive
- The winners will be notified by mid March, and announced on our website/Facebook shortly there after. Please do not email us to ask for updates.
If you are successful:
- We will pay a fee of £150 for each of these slots, to help with travel costs etc.
- It is your responsibility to make your way to and from the festival, and you agree to be on time for your load in / stage time.
- You agree to provide the information required in our ‘Artist Brief’ in good time.